Good news! I finished modelling. While I did successfully model all the details I wanted, I didn’t start on any additional set dressing items, but that’s a stretch goal for another week. For now I’m happy to get cracking with unwrapping (groan) so I can get on to texturing (yay).
I also put some thought into the best way to break up my 2, 2048 x 2048 texture sets. In order to save on texture channels, I’m putting the glass on a separate sheet and separating out the parts that I want to apply normal maps to. This should make authoring realistic glass for Toolbag and Sketchfab much easier and result in a more memory efficient outcome.
Right now I'm looking forward to next week, when if all goes well, I’ll be on to texturing.